Having Xiaomi’s Mi MIx 2S, then this blog is right for you. Follow All the Steps carefully to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S – another flagship device from Xiaomi’s Mi Mix Series. This Smartphone features trim-bezel with 5.99″ inch display with 1080 x 2180 pixels and runs on latest android 8.1 Oreo. Mi Mix 2S comes with 2.8 GHz Kyro 385 octa-core processor paired with 6 GB of RAM. It is powered by Adreno 630 GPU with 64 GB of onboard storage.
Now let’s move to the topic. We have shared the best possible way to Install Twrp in your device and Root it without bricking your device.
Full Guide to Install TWRP and Root Mi Mix 2S
As of now, there is no Official TWRP recovery for Mi Mix 2S, but no problem, some developer has introduced Unofficial TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S. You can install this recovery and do all the things which an official TWRP can do. First, let’s start with the file requirements.
- FIrst off all take a complete Backup of your phone because all your data will be deleted.
- Charge your Phone to minimum 60%.
- Make sure your device has an unlocked Bootloader. You can follow this Tutorial- How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
Step to install TWRP Recovery
- Go to setting and click about phone and tap 7 times on MIUI version to enable Developer option.
- Move back to settings and goto additional settings then developer options.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking.
- Download all the files using the above links.
- Make a New folder in the Desktop assuming name to be “FOLDER”.
- Extract all files in that folder and also extract TWRP_polaris.zip file downloaded from above in that folder.
- Press Shift + Right Click in the Empty Space in the Folder.
- From the Option, select Open Command Window or Open Power Shell Window here.
- Power off your device and wait 10 seconds.
- Boot your Device into Fastboot Mode by holding Volume Down + Power Key and wait for a vibration to occur. A bunny will appear on the screen.
- Connect your device to the computer and enter the command given below in PowerWindow Shell on the computer.
press enter, if your device is shown there then enter the below command.
fastboot reboot recovery <twrp-filename>.img
<twrp-filename> should be replaced with the name of twrp which you downloaded from the above link.
NOTE – Do not reboot your Mi Mix 2S because it will replace the TWRP Recovery with the default recovery.
Press Volume Up + Power Key for a couple of second untill phone boots into Twrp recovery. Follow the below Procedure for Rooting.
- Copy the file Magisk Zip File in your Mi MIx 2S which you downloaded from the above link.
- Select Install in TWRP Recovery and then Magisk Zip File.
- Install it and swipe Right to confirm.
- Click on Reboot Device.
- First Bootup may take some time, so don’t reboot your Phone.
- Boom !!! Your device has been Successfully Rooted.
Now you can use your Device to your fullest. And can also flash other roms which you like.
READ MORE – Install TWRP in Redmi Note 5 Pro
Having Doubts, We are here to resolve it, Comment it and we will try to respond you ASAP!!